Date: 4/30/18 3:04 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Woodbury County 4/30/2018
April ends with windstorm in Woodbury County. Horrible birding weather
with strong wind gust stirring up dirt and dust to pepper my car, as well
as my face, whenever I turned even slightly towards the south. The
birding itself was pretty good with first peeps of the year showing up.
It was pretty funny watching them take a step or two forward then be blown
backward or vise versa.
Another Cinnamon Teal found (male) just north of Owego Wetlands. Hard to
say if it is a different bird that the one found on the outskirts of Sioux
City. With the wind gale force out of the south it seems unlikely that
the bird would have flown south.

New for the Year:
Lark Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper
American Golden Plover
Northern Rough-winged Swallow.

Looks like migration is picking up just in time for the IOU Spring Meeting
up here.

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*