Date: 4/30/18 2:45 pm
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Cerulean
What a glorious day to not have to work. Spent the day birding Cartwright
Mountain and Shephard Springs Road.
While I did find one Cerulean, I also mourned the loss of the giant trees
that are its home. Some greedy person has come into the forest and cut
down almost all the trees on the north end of the ridge. The bit of woods
that's left where I found the bird, is for sale. It's all so heartbreaking.

I saw numerous Baltimore's on the move today. Small flocks of three to
five birds were everywhere. Even on the hummer feeders at Artist Point.

Saw all the migrants one should see in the mountains this time of year. Now
I'm waiting for the "Big" warblers. The last ones through. Hopefully
they'll be here for next Saturday's Big Day.

And...I just had a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak in my birdbath. Woohoo.
Saw one male in the forest.

Sandy B
FS, AR

Join us on Facebook!