Date: 4/30/18 1:00 pm
From: Chris Bartlett <christophabartlett...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Whimbrel, greater yellowlegs, etc, Passamaquoddy Reservation, Washington County
There were at least 42 greater yellowlegs this afternoon at the
Passamaquoddy Reservation's sweetgrass field pond. Several were trying out
their rolling courtship song, which I seldom hear. My previous high count
for yellowlegs at this location was 15. One whimbrel was the odd one out,
and that was a first spring record for me in Washington County. I'm
guessing that most whimbrels fly overland in the spring and hug the coast
in the fall? I'll have to look that up.

Here's full list from this outing with one grainy flight shot of the
whimbrel: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45108906

Cheers,

Chris Bartlett
Eastport