Date: 4/30/18 12:49 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Boone nuclear fallout minimal--birds & I survived
While there certainly were big "explosions" last night, according to the
radar maps, there was rather minor fallout at Ledges State Park. This
morning's nuclear blast winds didn't leave me with any radiation poisoning,
but at least a few findings heated me up a little.

Along Lost Lake Trail at 9 AM, woods were almost empty until reaching the
south side of Lost Lake, where habitat was protected from horrendous gales
by the surrounding hills. So there were a few small pockets of migrants,
and I saw things similar to what Karl Jungbluth reported earlier today from
his other side of the state park.

My findings near the lake:

- Orange-crowned Warblers (3)--FOY
- American Redstart (1)--FOY
- House Wren (4)--FOY
- Winter Wren (1)--FOY

Other species I saw here 2 weeks ago, but not again until today, included:

- Yellow-rumped Warblers (2)
- Eastern Towhees (2)
- White-throated Sparrows (7)

Doug Harr