Date: 4/30/18 12:11 pm
From: CK Franklin <meshoppen...>
Subject: Re: overrun with orioles
Over run here as well. At least 10 adult males. 5-6 females or junior males. They are coming & going so fast it is hard to tell. Also 3 male & 1 female Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.
Donna Haynes & I were talking about the invasion earlier today. The mulberry reports earlier today or yesterday caused us to speculate the lack of forage available due to the late cold weather is driving these birds enmass into feeding stations. Can they subsist on fruit & juice until other forage becomes available?