Date: 4/30/18 12:07 pm
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burcham: Monday
It was a windy but beautiful early and mid-morning along the Kaw. Especially around 7AM on the north side of the park and woods east of the bridge it was closest thing to a fallout of migrants that I can recall in these parts. I spent most of the morning on the north side of the park.

Ran into David Seibel & Galen Pittman when I finally got to the river trail after 9AM. They had counted 19 Palm Warblers in the grassy area along the river. I had never seen as many birds in the short grass and did not work it - I probably saw a 100 chipping sparrows. Peter Grund was in the part today and had an Ovenbird. I will be curious to see what he found - Galen and David will still out there working the river area deliberately when I departed late for work.

I listed 68 species -

Warbler
Yellow-rumped - 80+ probably undercounted
Orange-crowned -7 one singing
Nashville - 3 2 singing
Yellow - 19 lots of song, notes & looks
Northern Parula - 5 singing
Palm - 1
Northern Waterthrush - 1
Black & White 1 FOSB
Tennessee - FOS 6 - several singing
Blackpoll - FOS 1
Wilson's - FOS 1
Black-throated Green - FOS 2 singing (missed this bird the last 2 years)
Golden-winged - FOS 1 - thought I heard single notes and then David & Galen found it - thanks guys
Warbling Vireo - 12 lots of singing & scolding
Red-eyed Vireo - 2 FOS singing
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1 FOS singing
Philadelphia Vireo - 1 FOS

Spotted Sandpiper - 1 FOS
Coopers Hawk - 1FOSB
Red-shouldered Hawk 1FOS
Chimney Swift - FOS 1
Red-headed Woodpecker - 1 FOS calling
Hairy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker - the pair was active today
Eastern Phoebe - 2 singing
Great-crested Flycatcher - FOS 3 singing hard
Least Flycatcher FOS 2 singing

Swainson's Thrush - 10 at least one was singing
Gray Catbird 1 FOS
Brown Thrasher 3 singing
Baltimore Oriole - 12 lots of full songs & notes
Summer Tanager FOS-1 beautiful transition plumage - mixed shades of red & yellow
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - FOS pair
Indigo Bunting - 6 - one singing

Sparrow - many more in grass
Clay-colored - FOS 1
White-throated Sparrow - 5 singing
Harris Sparrow - 1
Lincoln's - 2
Song -1
Chipping - 100+

Cliff Swallow - colony really active & seems larger new nest complex

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to