Date: 4/30/18 11:28 am
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pondicherry Birds on Monday Morning
I spent the morning at the Pondicherry NWR in Jefferson and Whitefield on Monday morning. It was a wet and misty morning with 3 inches of slush-like snow that melted by the time I came out. Cherry Pond had a lot of birds although I could not see into the mist with my spotting scope at the beginning and some unidentified waterfowl were taking off. It cleared by 9 am. Highlights at Cherry Pond were:
18 Horned Grebe
12 Red-necked Grebe
24 Bufflehead
2 Common Goldeneye
2 Common Loon
2 pair of Green-winged Teal
1 pair of Norther Harrier
1 Bald Eagle, probably a 4 year old
1 Otter
Little Cherry Pond highlights included 5 red-necked grebes, 2 horned grebes, 9 bufflehead and an otter that was probably the same one I saw at Cherry Pond.
Highlights on the access trails included 7 ruffed grouse including watching one drum on a log.
Highlight at Airport Marsh was a Brown Thrasher.

David Govatski
Jefferson, N. H.