Date: 4/30/18 11:20 am
From: Eric Arnold <eba...>
Subject: [birders] Asheville, N.C. birding?
I will be in Asheville, N. C. soon visiting a friend who isn't a birder but
is a skilled photographer, and there might be some opportunities to seek
out some good spots for ckecking out the birds of that area as subjects for
our cameras,. She has captured some marvelous bird photos in Florida in
the winter, but is only recently settled in Asheville for the warmer parts
of the year.

I have recently enjoyed the lack of leaves in Kensington MP for the great
views of the birds there, but I expect the foliage around Asheville is much
farther along than it is here, so I'd anticipate having a harder time
getting the views I've recently enjoyed in Kensington.

Ideas are solicited from anyone familiar with the possibilities in that
area at this time of year. I don't expect to have a lot of time there for
this activity, but I hope I can get out for a bit to get some bird pictures
to bring back.

Any information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Eric Arnold
Ann Arbor, MI

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABv5-TVr_9JuHiCg_yvBkVZOtP5mo87E7QFUEVa5vOKJzx%<2BPSw...>