Date: 4/30/18 9:28 am
From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat...>
Subject: [wisb] Eastern WI less birds...but 6 warbler species MKE
I was watching the bird migration radar last night ( http://birdcast.info/
) and it was predicted to be low along Lake Michigan in Wisconsin today
but high Madison and westward. I still went out to see if anything had
blown in. I went to Wilson Park first, and it was not obviously birdy
throughout, but there were a few migrants in pockets.

I had 6 warbler species, 3 heron species and three or four sparrow species.
The herons were very active and it was fun to watch. The warblers all gave
good looks. The full checklist is below.

After that, I went to the Cousins Center, which is across from the lake,
and there were less species there. I didn't see any warblers, and it was
quiet overall, but I did have my first of year house wren pair and a pair
of swainson's thrush.

Bird cast shows medium-level migration overnight tonight for the state.

Good birding,
Jennifer Ambrose
Milwaukee

Wilson Park