Date: 4/30/18 8:56 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: The early riser gets the bird
First bird at 6:00 AM was the male Towhee on the window tray. I'm still
smitten at seeing this bird from only two feet away.  A few minutes
later the flash of orange was the first Baltimore Oriole,  working the
flowers of the Quince shrub.   The Catbird and Orchard Orioles
followed.   Hummers using feeders on both sides of the house.

A new sighting was the Red-bellied Woodpecker and the Towhee on the tray
at the same time.   Never had that combo in the past.

The White-crowned Sparrow seems to have left.  Really didn't expect to
see him after I saw that the homeowner had been mowing. Our walk did
yield a bunch of Yellow-rumps in the thin line of trees.  Lovely to see
them at 6-8 ft height.

Last night the pair of Pileateds put on a show.  Round and round the
walnut tree trunk and playing peek-a-boo.  When the male flared his
wings it was really beautiful.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!