Date: 4/30/18 8:35 am
From: Carol Del-Colle <wvnaturalist...>
Subject: Indigo Bunting, Yellow Warbler (FOY)-Yard - Summit Point
This morning I looked out back to see a bright male Indigo Bunting joining some White-throated sparrows eating seed on the ground out near the pond. He really stood out in the morning sun. He then flew over to a nearby bush where a Yellow-rumped Warbler was preening itself after having taken a bath in the stream. It was neat to see them so close to each other. The Bunting was the first one for the year.

On Friday, I had another FOY when a male Yellow Warbler came through the yard. I heard it first, and then watched it moving through the trees and then out of sight.

From recent posts, it is clear that there are lots of migrants moving through and into the area, making this such an exciting time to be out and about. Enjoy.

Happy birding,

Carol Del-Colle

Summit Point