Date: 4/30/18 7:37 am
From: Andrea Robinsong <aturdusong...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Friday night and Sunday morning at Fruitgrowers
The last birds I saw in the gloaming Friday evening were six Sandhill Cranes walking through shallow water on the north side of the road.
Just before that I spent an hour and a half trying to find the ten Whimbrels Jim Wallace had texted me about seeing.
Several hours after receiving his text I was able to ID two for sure but they were with twenty Willets and several other large unidentified sandpipers moving around in front of a row of phragmites reeds. And my vision sucks.
There were
4 Franklins Gulls,
one Bonaparte,
Common/Forsters Terns,
Wilson’s Phalaropes
LB Dowitchers,
1 Marbled Godwit,
2 Whimbrels
Yellowlegs
47 !! Willets
37 White-Faced Ibis
6 Sandhill Cranes
Avocets
40 Yellow-headed BB
More on eBird

Since then migrants have been moving through quickly. Maria Rodriguez and I arrived in Hart’s Basin early Sunday morning and had a hard time finding much to look at.
There were only five pelicans, four dowitchers, one Willet, a few YHBB and Corms, various Grebes and dabbling ducks.

We then checked out Sweitzer SP where two Caspian Terns were the birds of the day.

Good birding!
Andrea Robinsong

Join us on Facebook!