Date: 4/30/18 6:11 am
From: Karen Konarski-Hart <karen...>
Subject: Birding urban Calgary
Whenever out of state for business we always have the binoculars at the ready...2 birds for the price of one, so to speak. Since Calgary is a walking town, we ventured out and almost immediately were greeted with an insistent “chip” note above our heads but couldn’t focus on the beastie. As we walked on we heard an equally insistent “cuckoo” of similar intensity. These elusive teasers followed us down the street until we simultaneously realized that our avian escorts were evidently part of the crosswalk traffic light warning system, I assume for sight impaired walkers. Electronic bird guardians...felt silly but safe.
Karen & Neill Hart home in Hillcrest

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Jim Dixon <jamesdixonlr...><mailto:<jamesdixonlr...>> wrote:

After listening to recordings, I think it was a Tufted Titmouse. iBird Pro includes a “harsh doublet” recording from Arkansas of all places that while not exactly what I heard it is similar and I did mention “titmouse with a cold”.

Jim Dixon
Little Rock
www.jamesdixon.us<http://www.jamesdixon.us>
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." — Thorin