Date: 4/30/18 5:31 am
From: drbeel <drbeel...>
Subject: [ia-bird] County checklists
Kudos to D. Akers and J. Gilliam for updating the species totals for the five lagging counties.  Every Iowa county can now claim at least 200 species on it's list.
Our state has roughly 315 regularly occurring species (nesters and migrants), so 200 certainly seems to be a reasonable minimum standard.
Good birding everyone.  Tomorrow the calendar turns to Iowa's premier birding month.
Bill Scheible Cedar Rapids