Date: 4/29/18 7:41 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] A few migrants at Littleton
This evening a trio of *Chimney Swifts* zipped north single file over the
area of St. Mary Church in Littleton. Soon after a *Merlin* followed, but
too far behind to be connected to the swifts. The swifts were slightly
ahead of other Arapahoe records in eBird. A male *Nashville Warbler* was in
a yard near the church grounds, and a *Lincoln's Sparrow*, too. Other
warblers have so far been very scarce so far, with only a few Yellow-rumps.

*Chipping Sparrows* have been plentiful in areas of Littleton where I have
been over the last few days, with many singing. At the same time, I'm
seeing them around my Ken Caryl Valley home area daily, but they are mostly
not singing. And in the prior 4 springs I recall the same: singing migrants
passing through Littleton, but migrants moving at Ken Caryl are mostly not.
I think maybe it has to do with different tree structure in the
neighborhoods, with larger, taller (older) conifers at Littleton, where the
developed neighborhood is older.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO