Date: 4/29/18 7:33 pm
From: Brenda Wright <coenbrenda...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Around Nucla today!
Greetings,Brenda and I did a tour from Nucla to Uravan to Paradox and home. There are lots of migrants passing through. Best shorebirds were White-faced Ibis, Snowy Egret, American Avocets, Western Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers, and Spotted Sandpipers at the Paradox Ponds. Flycatchers and vireos, Gray Flycatcher, lots of Ash-throated and Western Kingbirds and a dozen Black Phoebes, Plumbeous and Gray Vireo. We did find all swallow species finally today. We did see Lark Sparrows, 4 Black-throated Sparrows and Lincoln Sparrow (at our feeder). Warblers, Orange-crowned, Virginia's, Yellow, Black-throated Gray, Yellow-rumped, and Yellow-breasted Chat were common along the San Miguel River. We can even throw in a Black-headed Grosbeak or two.
Back at our home in Nucla we has three new yard species for the month, Western Tanager, Chipping Sparrow, and Bullock's Oriole. We now have 7 hummingbird feeders up and more hummers than we can count. The three oriole and tanager feeders (grape jelly and oranges) really are a big hit with the birds.We did see 85 species today so migration is really picking up.Good birding,Brenda and Coen

Join us on Facebook!