Date: 4/29/18 5:58 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Plan for Wednesday May 2nd - EARLY!
Early start means EARLY! Leave at 4:45 a.m. from east end of Bend, at
Barnes and Noble and Wild Birds parking lot, the NE section. DRESS
WARMLY. This is our annual trip for Sage Grouse. You need to read the
paper at this link to prepare for seeing the birds.
http://orbirds.org/lek.pdf

After the grouse, we will spend the morning out east of Bend seeing the
birds of the season in the juniper - sage. Raptors, thrashers,
sparrows, bluebirds, Horned Larks etc will be waiting for us.

Bend carpooling, 4:45 at Forum Parking lot north of Barnes and Noble,
near the intersection of Hwy 20 and 27th St.
Redmond, 4:15 Starbucks Nolan Center and go to above.

Grouse have been starting to display around 5:25 so this is why we start
early, to arrive without disruption. Let me know if questions. Judy