Date: 4/29/18 4:15 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Grosbeaks, etc., Koch property, Northampton County
All sightings from the yard: I've had rose-breasted grosbeaks every day since I saw the first two males on the 23rd. I'm now seeing females joining the males.  Gray catbirds are back. White-throated and white-crowned sparrows continue. If everything stays like it's been for almost 20 years I'll have the white-crowned's until shortly after Mother's Day. Juncos have been gone for more than a week except for one lone straggler that's been on the deck the last two mornings. On the 24th I reported a male ruby-throated hummer that left shortly thereafter and later that day a female showed up. She stayed around the rest of that day and almost all of the 25th, feeding at daffodil and azalea blossoms in addition to the feeders. But the next day she too was gone. Then yesterday, the 28th, an adult male zipped in and quickly out of a feeder and disappeared. But today, the 29th, an adult male has been around all day and acting territorial. But, again, we'll see. Brown thrashers appear daily, as do flickers and all the usual woodpeckers. I expect any day now I'll see or hear an oriole or two, a house wren, and an indigo bunting.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA  Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!