Date: 4/29/18 3:53 pm
From: Roger Kuhlman <rkuhlman...>
Subject: [birders] Good Birds at Point Mouillee April 29
There were a number of good birds at Point Mouillee in NE Monroe County Saturday April 29. I had a late lingering Snowy Owl on the middle causeway and a Short-eared Owl on the northernmost causeway. At least two Common Terns and three White Pelicans in the middle section of the preserve. I heard a Marsh Wren singing and had 14 Black-crowned Night Herons in the extreme NE section of Mouillee. Conveniently they sat in some small trees there making counting easy. At the Headquarters area I had two or three Yellow Warbler.

Now for the misses: I did not find any Yellow-headed Blackbirds or any Avocets although I talked to a person who said a group of 33 Avocets flew into the marsh on Friday while he was birding. He also got an excellent photo of a Juvenile Snowy Owl from Saturday morning.

Roger Kuhlman

Ann Arbor, Michigan

*Still have not had my first Cabbage White of the butterfly season. I had hoped I would get one at Point Mouillee on Saturday but such was not the case. Since it will be sunny and 70 degrees on Monday, I am thinking finding a Cabbage White then will be a cinch.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM5PR14MB143329A0A0162E5E69B5D4FAC5830...>