Date: 4/29/18 1:45 pm
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Warblers and others at Tuckahoe Park
Some friends and I birded the pond by the lake at Tuckahoe Park and the Peewee Trail on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. We had 15 species of warblers including Kentucky, Blue-winged, Northern Waterthrush, Black and White, and Prothonotary. On Sunday morning there were 5 Yellow Warblers and scads of Yellow-rumps by the pond. Other highlights include 2 Kingbirds, a Green Heron and a Red-breasted Merganser with 5 ducklings (merganserlings ??.)
One of the 3 Scarlet Tanagers on the Peewee Trail had a habit of inserting a "chickbur" into various points of its normal song. strange.

The highlight at the pond was watching a mature and immature male Orchard Oriole next to each other with a Yellow Warbler feeding around them. Then a Baltimore Oriole flew in, sang a few times and started chasing the mature male Orchard Oriole.
Jim Wilson
Queenstown