Date: 4/29/18 1:13 pm
From: Vivek Govind Kumar <vivekgk3...>
Subject: ONSC - April 29th
I visited the Ozark Natural Science Center this morning, with Alyssa DeRubeis and Mitchell Pruitt.

Many warbler species are back on territory, with multiple individuals singing.

A pair of Louisiana Waterthrushes demonstrated their unhappiness with my presence by flying around me in loose circles while vocalizing persistently. I was probably very close to their nest.

2 male Kentucky Warblers were engaged in a territorial dispute. One bird was initially perched in a tree (around 10 feet up) and dive-bombed the other bird on the ground (presumably the "owner" of the territory). This was followed by a high-speed chase through the undergrowth with both birds making a series of rapid "chip" calls.

Warblers: Ovenbird (6), Louisiana Waterthrush (5), Blue-winged (1), Black-and-White (6), Tennessee (2), Nashville (1), Kentucky (5), Hooded (6), American Redstart (1), Northern Parula (10), Chestnut-sided (1), Pine (4), Yellow-rumped (1), Yellow-throated (1), Black-throated Green (1)

Vireos: White-eyed (6), Yellow-throated (1), Philadelphia (1), Red-eyed (6)

Thrushes: Gray-cheeked (1), Swainson's (5), Wood (4)

Miscellaneous: Broad-winged Hawk (2), Red-headed Woodpecker (1), Eastern Phoebe (3), House Wren (1), Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (10), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (3), Eastern Towhee (3), Yellow-breasted Chat (1), Summer Tanager (3), Scarlet Tanager (1), Rose-breasted Grosbeak (1), Indigo Bunting (2), Baltimore Oriole (2)

Vivek Govind Kumar
Fayetteville

Join us on Facebook!