Date: 4/29/18 12:15 pm
From: Kathryn Schneider <fallline...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] HMBC field trip to Wilson M. Powell Wildlife Sanctuary, 4/29/2018
On Sunday, nine hearty souls from Albany, Columbia, and Rensselaer Counties gave their rain gear a workout while birding the Powell Sanctuary in a steady 40 degree rain. Not one of these troopers bailed early even when given the opportunity, and our efforts were rewarded with a FOY Blackburnian Warbler, the only warbler seen the entire morning. We had a nice mix of sparrows including Chipping and White-throated and Eastern Towhee was heard. Most of us got decent looks at Brown Creeper and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. I’m still hoping lead a trip to this lovely site sometime in nice weather. Maybe next year!

Kathy Schneider
Stuyvesant Falls

Posted by: Kathryn Schneider <fallline...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)