Date: 4/29/18 12:03 pm
From: Anant Deshwal <adeshwal...>
Subject: Bird in Hand
Yesterday Pooja and I had gone for Herpetology lab field trip to Bell Slough with Dr. Willson. It was an amazing trip as I was able to knock Amphiuma and Siren off my bucket list. It is always amazing to see Dr. Willson weave his magic and find reptiles.
We were pretty pleased to see Prothonotary warblers, Scarlet tanagers, Summer tanagers, Cattle Egret, Green Herons, Indigo Bunting, Blue-headed Vireo and Red-eyed Vireo.
What I thought was a reptile flapping in swamp turned out to be a flying reptile- Common Grackle. It was stuck in there. I went ahead rescued it, showed it to all students and then let it go (Picture attached).
Pooja was joking that I need to get my subjects in order as I was finding and catching snakes in Ornithology lab and catching birds in Herpetology lab.

Regards
Anant Deshwal
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Biological Sciences