Date: 4/29/18 11:48 am
From: Lenore Gifford <elgiffor...>
Subject: FIY (First in yard) Baltimore Orioles
After an unsuccessful hunt for the Yellow-headed Blackbirds at Bald Knob yesterday
I look out my window this morning and get happy that the Blue Grosbeaks are possibly back. I didn’t see them long enough to positively ID. Then I looked up and saw a brilliant male Baltimore Oriole. Took my breath away. I hurriedly put out grape jelly and my hummer feeder. I looked out there at the grape jelly and thought I was looking at a flycatcher. After looking in my Stokes Field Guide and have decided it is more likely a first year female. There appear to be several. It’s wonderful to have a small flock of them for my first confirmed yard sighting.

The hummers have been coming up to the window wanting to know why the feeder wasn’t up. Within minutes I had a Hummer.

So life made up to me for yesterday’s miss. Yahoo!

Lenore in Saline County near the Sardis community
Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!