Date: 4/29/18 9:11 am
From: Stanley C Stahl <000000ccb896003a-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Veery Thrushes, Lancaster County
Every spring I see Veery Thrushes many days before I hear them sing. Are these males that feed and replenish their energy before singing, males getting reaquainted with their territories, females, or birds migrating through? Bird banders likely know these answers. Each springtime I hear migrating Hermit and Swainson’s Thrushes sing during migration, but their songs are soft and inconspicuous compared to their territorial songs farther north in Pennsylvania. The Veery Thrushes that I saw today were along Seglock Run and along Laurel Rd.Stanley C. Stahl

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Join us on Facebook!