Date: 4/29/18 8:02 am
From: Larry Trachtenberg <Trachtenberg...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Croton Point
Charlie Roberto and I had a pretty good morning at the Point. Best bird was an adult little blue heron quite uncommon on the river side (usually those that show up are young birds in fall). It landed briefly in maintenance yard by ball field and took off up river. We tried chasing it a bit up north without success. Another highlight was 28 bonaparte’s gulls in croton bay. Migrants included towhees, rc kinglets, yellow, palm, black and white and parula warblers, marsh wren, blue headed vireo, about 30 savannah sparrows and a spotted sandpiper.

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining

Sent from my iPhone

ARCHIVES: