Date: 4/28/18 7:38 pm
From: Donald Sweig via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Yard Birds
I had a surprisingly big day at the feeders in my suburban Falls Church yard today. The female Rose-breasted grosbeak made numerous appearances throughout the day. I had good views and actually got a couple of nice photographs of it flapping its wings so that I could see the yellow underwing plumage.
While I often have one or two Chipping sparrows, I had no less than nine at one time pecking around on the patio today. The Chippies were here all day.
And surprisingly, for the first time in 25 years, I had a Yellow- rumped warbler at the feeders. It came numerous times to eat the suet and also seem to be pecking around at the platform feeder where I had put out some mix for the sparrows. Interesting!
And I now have three of my usual four or more summer resident Catbirds here.
Not too bad for a city yard.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church, Virginia

Sent from my iPad