Date: 4/28/18 6:41 pm
From: Bob Bethune <bobbethune...>
Subject: [birders] Re: OT: Monitoring a nest site using an automated camera
An unattended camera sits near, but not too near, the nest. When a bird
enters its field of view, it takes a picture or records a short video clip.
Like a nest webcam, but not connected to the internet and not continuous.
Hunters do this all the time to monitor deer movements. What they use is
called a trailcam. Trailcams don’t work very well on birds. I’m hoping
somebody here happens to know of gear that is designed with birds in mind.
Clear now?

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAHsrc%<2Bkawxg8JA0MwFGVM4qdS5FTFcEzniKL31mQq_EVoMQd7g...>