Date: 4/28/18 6:29 pm
From: Tyler Grant <tgrant77...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dunbar Slough, Green Co.
It was Bittern Day at Dunbar Slough this morning, with 2 flushed (one in
Hunter Tract and one at 250th Str) and another that posed for pictures ~30
ft from 250th Str. I think that's more Bitterns than I've seen in all the
rest of my life. The Willet continues at 270th Str, though it wasn't there
at first. As I was talking to another birder, a Peregrine Falcon scattered
the shorebirds, and shortly after the Willet flew in on black and white
wings. Great-tailed Grackles were making a racket on the east wetland of
Hunter Tract and 20 American Golden-Plovers landed while I was looking at
the grackles.

Tyler Grant
Ames