Date: 4/28/18 6:03 pm
From: Gail Miller <gail.miller...>
Subject: Re: overrun with orioles
At my house and on my property in Conway:

I have at least 5 male Baltimore Orioles, 1 female and one young male, that I can tell. I have oranges and grape jelly out.

3 Rose-breasted Grosbeak

1 Blue Grosbeak

12 Indigo Buntings

2 Orchard Orioles, males

Carolina Wren’s feeding young

Eastern Phoebe nest on the front porch, looks like babies fledged today, I saw a parent feeding one in the yard

Eastern Bluebirds in a nest box

Carolina Chickadees in a nest box

Robin on a nest in a crabapple tree

Brown Thrasher in a nest in a fence row.

Painted Bunting, male, showed up at a feeder station today.

Barred Owl nest with two owlets in my woods.

LOTS of American Goldfinch

Only a male and female Ruby-throated Hummingbird, that I can tell.

Red-bellied Woodpeckers have a nest hole in a Locust tree.

I hear the Pileated Woodpecker in the woods.

Have not seen a Downy Woodpecker nest yet.

Wood Ducks have checked out a box in the backyard that they nested in in 2016, but I don’t see any active nesting.

Still lots of White-throated Sparrows, included the leucistic one I had all Winter.

I hear the Great Crested Flycatchers, they usually nest in a Martin Box.

No Martins, no Chimney Swifts.

Don’t know where the Tufted Titmouse or White-breasted Nuthatch have their nests.

I’ve seen the Greater Roadrunner twice this week.

Seeing some brief glimpses at some Warblers I can’t identify unless I can photograph them, I need to go back and look at some of my previous photos.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, I finally got photos.

One male Yellow-rumped Warbler, in beautiful summer colors

Red-tailed Hawks fly over and Sharp-shinned and Coopers raid my bird feeders on occasion.

I think that’s all …

Gail Miller

Conway (Faulkner Co.) AR

Join us on Facebook!