Date: 4/28/18 6:03 pm
From: Carol Ortenzio <protenz78...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Monument Birds
Posted for Katey Buster:
For those of you that like to exercise & bird at the same time, some good birds are back at the Monument. Judy West & I saw & heard two Gray Vireos chasing each other & they were really close to us at the Devil’s Kitchen Picnic Area....they were exhibiting this behavior for at least 30 minutes until we left to hike up to Serpent ‘s Trail (mating behavior, I presume). Great to see a Black-chinned Hummer was back as well as a dozen White-throated Swifts circling & chattering above and a Gray Jay (uncommon for here) was seen at the top. Best of all, about 200 feet from the top, I stopped to listen to what I thought was a Black-throated Gray Warbler & watched a bird zoom by.....this happened about 100 feet later & then at 5700 feet near the top the BTGW landed in a shrub right in front of us & the yellow lore was totally visible. ( I think we were seeing two separate birds ) See the eBird list.
Katey Buster
Grand Junction

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!