Date: 4/28/18 4:19 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: New arrivals
I felt fortunate to see the White Crown yesterday and as luck would have
it the bird was in the same place today before 6:00 PM.  What a joy to
see him two days in a row.  Today I could see _and_ hear him singing.
He was on the grass for a while and then perched on a low branch of the
cedar and started preening.  Every once in a while he would sing.

Walking into kitchen to start dinner I looked out the window and was
treated to my first pair of Catbirds this year.  Welcome back!  They
were in the quince shrub and then used the ground bath below to get
gussied up for Saturday night.

Discovered my third Bluebird nest...one has hatchlings and the other two
have a complete clutch of five eggs.  Keeping my fingers crossed that
all goes well.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town

Join us on Facebook!