Date: 4/28/18 4:02 pm
From: 'Tom and Kay McConnell' <immac...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] California Quail NO, Caspian Tern - Rio Blanco Lake
We looked for the California Quail at Dinosaur again Friday Eve / Saturday am for a total of seven hours. The quail vocalized once and proved that it is still present but it never showed itself. I resolved to never again chase other people’s birds. Let’s see how long that lasts.

Good birding to & from. Caspian Tern and Red-Breasted Merganser at Rio Blanco lake, Common Loons and Snowy Egret at Kenney Reservoir (all still there today). On Raven Ridge Blk-thrted Gray Warbler, Rock and Bewick’s Wrens, western Bluebirds and at Dinosaur FOS Bullock’s Oriole, Chipping & Lark Sparrows, Grn-tailed towhee. Tundra Swan reported at Rifle Rest Stop was not there today. Enjoyed seeing and birding with Glenn Walbek both days.

Tom & Kay