Date: 4/28/18 3:04 pm
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: overrun with orioles
Interesting about your Tulip Poplar [Liriodendron tulipfera] already in bloom! Ours have no leaves and no flowers in keeping with trees here that are all several weeks late due to convincing hard freezes in April. Usually our orioles also like their flowers. So, our Baltimore Orioles are sticking with oranges, grape jelly, suet, and hummingbird food.

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

On Apr 28, 2018, at 8:43 AM, Bo Verser <bo.verser1...> wrote:

> Lot of Oriole song and chatter around Heber Sorungs this morning too up in the large Tulip Poplar trees drinking nectar from the blooms.
>
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 8:11 AM Kenny Nichols <0000011f0020ee30-dmarc-request...> wrote:
> Hoping to stop some of the migrating orioles that pass overhead each spring, LaDonna and I decided to put out some oranges. It's now a week later, and I may go broke buying oranges, jelly and oriole "juice". My best guess is we are feeding somewhere around 25-30 orioles (20-25 Baltimores & 5-10 Orchards). Just yesterday, they went through 4 oranges, a jar of jelly and a nearly a quart of oriole "juice".
>
> Kenny Nichols
> Dardanelle

Join us on Facebook!