Date: 4/28/18 2:53 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Willets and brief White-winged Dove sighting in Racine/ Racine County
This afternoon there were 21 Willets on the beach at Meyers Park. Despite
being disturbed several times by beach goers, they continued to return to
the beach. I guess they found this preferable to trying to make headway
against the stiff breeze.
A (FOY) Green Heron was in one of the ponds by the boardwalks, but it was
less tolerant of the by passers and flew off.
Before leaving, I walked the fence line at the west boundary of the park. At
first I found only House Sparrows, but a White-winged Dove flushed and gave
me a 10 second look while it flew to the northwest. I hoped to relocate it
in the yards of the homes on the bluff, but couldn't find it. There is a
feeder setup on the bluff above where I saw the dove. Perhaps it was using a
feeder. I don't know if the feeder is regularly filled, but it might be
worth watching for the dove there. Another thought would be to check the
Wind Lake Lighthouse feeder area since if I remember correctly, White-winged
Dove has made appearances there in the past.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

http://www.avg.com