Date: 4/28/18 10:59 am
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burcham: Saturday
A beautiful morning along the Kaw it was. Had the pleasure of talking & walking with Jon King.

Warblers
Yellow-rumped - 200+ ubiquitous presence at every level across the park - many singers
Orange-crowned - 12 mostly Jon's and largely nonsingers
Northern Parula - - 3 singing (FOS second song)
Yellow - 3 - 2 sing FOS singing
Nashville -4 - FOS singing
Palm - 3 singing/nice looks
Prothonotary - 1 FOS usual location near first bridge; singing and showing
Northern Waterthrush - FOS singing in one of few wet spots north of first bridge

Franklin's Gulls - 200
Osprey - 1 FOS
Blue-wing Teal - 12
RC Kinglet - 4 - hear only one singing
House Wren - 3 singing
Eastern Phoebe - 3 at usual breeding locations
Warbling Vireo - 6 singing FOS
Blue-headed Vireo - 1 singing FOS
Brown Thrasher 1 singing
Swainson's Thrush - 3 first singing
Baltimore Oriole - 2 first full song
Lark Sparrow - 1 FOS
Chipping Sparrow - 10 FOSB
Lincoln's Sparrow 6 (a few songs)
Song Sparrow - 1 (Jon likely had more)
White-throated Sparrow 9= heard a lot of their notes but was not attending
Harris Sparrow 1 FOSB - sang and did its buzz
Fish Crow 3 - 2 flyover calling from West & 1 calling from usual location bit north of MASS bridge

Cliff Swallows - looks like the full colony is back; lot of activity at expanded nests; when I arrived in the park saw 100+ female RW Blackbirds resting in three tops before heading north; Thursday I observed about the same number in the same area

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to