Date: 4/28/18 9:56 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] 17 warbler species and other stuff, Leesylvania SP
The Northern Virginia Bird Club trip to Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge this morning started in foggy conditions, but this did not diminish the sheer birdiness of the park. Lots of yellow-rumped warblers filled the trees throughout the park, and mixed in here and there were other migrants. We tallied 17 warbler species in all: ovenbird, northern waterthrush, blue-winged, black-and-white, common yellowthroat, hooded, American redstart, northern parula, magnolia, black-throated blue, palm, pine, yellow-rumped, yellow-throated, prairie, and black-throated green. Other goodies were a first year male summer tanager (mottled green and red), scarlet tanager, both Baltimore and orchard orioles, veery, wood thrush, blue-headed, red-eyed, and white-eyed vireos, and eastern kingbird. We tallied 72 species in all.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>