Date: 4/28/18 9:39 am
From: Catherine Fisher <catherineckx...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Broad-winged hawks courting, Lee
On Allen's Ave., in Lee. A pair nested in the forest behind our house
(runs east between Allen's Ave., and Granger and beyond that along
Wednesday Hill) last year. This morning's pair circled high and low
overhead, call and response vocalizations. Both birds seemed to alight in
one of the larger white pines in the woods out back - didn't want to check
it out in case they were planning on setting up housekeeping there again.
They were were a boon to have around last year, as their intolerance for,
and alarm calls regarding, other passing raptors gave me a heads up (truly)
and often resulted great looks at various species throughout the summer.
Hope they're back for another go.