Date: 4/28/18 9:26 am
From: Deb Hale <debhale72...>
Subject: Flip-Flop Festival
The 4th annual Flip-Flop Festival put on by the Appalachian Trail
Conservancy is enjoying fine weather today and attracting a happy crowd. I
led a bird walk there for beginners, and find it so wonderful to see faces
light up when you link bird voices to the actual bird. We saw:

- a Phoebe bringing a big old bug back to the nest on a light fixture
- a newly fledged family of house finches bothering Mom and Dad
- two goldfinches chasing each other
- fish crows vocalizing as they flew by (beginners have never heard of fish
crows)

We heard a Great-crested flycatcher but could not find him.

Plus, last evening (8 pm-ish), my resident catbird returned, serenading us
from the front porch to let us know. He's almost like a cherished pet.
Welcome back, dude!

Deb Hale
Harpers Ferry/Bolivar

Join us on Facebook!