Date: 4/28/18 7:48 am
From: Charles Anderson <cmanderson...>
Subject: Re: overrun with orioles
We have at least seven males plus assorted females and first year males in our back yard in Western Hills in Little Rock. Plus two male rose breasted grosbeaks and a female. We have spotted 33 species in our back yard this week. Today’s newbies were a Black and White Warbler and a Yellow-throated. Vireo.

Chuck Anderson

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 28, 2018, at 8:43 AM, Bo Verser <bo.verser1...> wrote:
>
> Lot of Oriole song and chatter around Heber Sorungs this morning too up in the large Tulip Poplar trees drinking nectar from the blooms.
>
>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 8:11 AM Kenny Nichols <0000011f0020ee30-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>> Hoping to stop some of the migrating orioles that pass overhead each spring, LaDonna and I decided to put out some oranges. It's now a week later, and I may go broke buying oranges, jelly and oriole "juice". My best guess is we are feeding somewhere around 25-30 orioles (20-25 Baltimores & 5-10 Orchards). Just yesterday, they went through 4 oranges, a jar of jelly and a nearly a quart of oriole "juice".
>>
>> Kenny Nichols
>> Dardanelle

Join us on Facebook!