Date: 4/28/18 7:07 am
From: Bob Bethune <bobbethune...>
Subject: [birders] OT: Monitoring a nest site using an automated camera
I have a probable nest site on my property that I'd like to monitor more
intensively than I can do using my own eyes.

I'm thinking of using some sort of automatic camera--similar to a trailcam.
I have a trailcam, but I know by experience that it just doesn't work for
birds.

Has anybody used equipment of this sort with good success? If so, what
make/model?'

It needs to be a stand-alone recorder or camera. A webcam setup won't work;
it's too far from the house to get to my router.

Thanks!

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAHsrc%2B%3Du%2BsykBFiQraG7Suo4LDFKHPsbhe6gY83P-hL%<2B0wQMvA...>