Date: 4/27/18 9:16 pm
From: David Muth <MuthD...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Strange things afoot on Rutherford Beach
A major influx was taking place this afternoon west of the ferry. We noted dozens of migrants in the beach scrub and in the salt cedars near the corral just west of Holly Beach. Peveto was full of birds dominated by Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, catbirds and thrushes but plenty of variety as well.

Unfortunately radar showed what looked like a big take off from the coast after it got dark.

We will see tomorrow,

David Muth
New Orleans

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Jody Shugart <jodyshugart...> wrote:
>
> There are no unusual amount of Migrant song birds at Rutherford Beach right
> now. Dozens of Baltimore Orioles and lots of Indigo Buntings. In the salt
> Cedar patch on the west side of the community I found black-and-white
> warblers, golden-winged warbler, Bay breasted warbler, as well as a Wood
> Thrush, great sheets thrush, and an unknown empid. No sign of the long
> tailed duck or Kittiwake.

Join us on Facebook!