Date: 4/27/18 8:13 pm
From: Kevin Groeneweg <kgroeneweg...>
Subject: Melvern Lake today
I set out this morning to round out my shorebird list for Osage county. I stopped in at Sundance Park near the upper end of Melvern Lake and found a few shorebirds there, as well as a Palm Warbler. Given the extensive mud flats at the upper end, I cruised 313th St. west of Hock Rd. and found a couple of access points with shorebirds, but could see large numbers on the south side. I made my way around the upper end and gained access west of Arvonia in what turned out to be something of a death march to the shoreline. There was a huge number of shorebirds there, including 86 Semipalmated Plovers (bringing the total to 92), about 880 Am. Golden Plovers, 7 Dunlin and hundreds of yellowlegs. The whole excursion ended up on the one checklist below.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45002462

Kevin GroenewegWichita

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to