Date: 4/27/18 6:58 pm
From: Dick FILBY <dickfilby...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Spring Park resr, El Jebel, Eagle Cty Friday evening
Hi all

Popped up to Spring Park this gorgeous, calm, sunny Spring evening..

Still a great variety of ducks, tho’ numbers much reduced in past week..

· Barrow’s Goldeneye 7

· Common Goldeneye 2

· 3 spp Teal, Redhead, Ring-n. Lesser Scaup, Am.Wigeon, Gadwall, Mallard, N.Shoveler, Common Merganser, Bufflehead, Ruddy – all represented

· Sandhill Crane 1 (hopefully the other is sitting tight someplace)

· Western, Pied-billed and Eared Grebes

· American Avocet 8

· Greater Yellowlegs 1

· Marbled Godwit 1

· White-faced Ibis 4

· Ring-billed Gull 2

BUT No sign of any Yellow-headed Blackbirds – and we have only had a couple in our backyard

Talking of which.. Broad-tailed Hummer (male) finally found our feeders today
Lincoln’s Sparrow – still 2
White-crowned Sparrow – several
Green-tailed Towhee FOS
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Mourning Dove now 2 – they are first in ages – and are actually seeing off the Eurasian Collared Doves.. way to go!!

Good birding all
Dick Filby
Carbondale

Join us on Facebook!