Date: 4/27/18 5:00 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 4-27-18
We were glad to have the sun return for our 3rd slow early banding day. A
Bald Eagle was seen a couple of times, and a Cooper's Hawk spent most of
the morning perched in a nearby tree. A small flock of White-crowned
Sparrows passed through early in the morning; we caught 3 of them. A large
flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers came through high up in the trees so we
missed all of them. 10 new birds and 1 banded in a prior year:

Black-capped Chickadee 1, banded in 2015 and recaught in 2016 and 17
House Wren 2
Spotted Towhee 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 3
White-crowned Sparrow, Mountain 3

Come visit! Station is open daily, weather permitting, through the end of
May, except for May 10-12 and 28. We open nets about 6:30 and close around
noon. If you would like to visit on a weekend, you must pre-register - go
to the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website.
http://www.denveraudubon.org/
<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.denveraudubon.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cb11fc63b5582477cf34b08d5ac186ef1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636604143300700752&sdata=PKmPp1CKnDpnZaqk4gVRbKGxUIzT%2F0BgUWYMvW%2BE6g8%3D&reserved=0>
Perhaps the best time for birders to visit is early in the morning during
the week - fewer people and more birds! (School groups arrive each day
between 9:30 and 10:30.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station