Date: 4/27/18 4:37 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Great Horned Owl with 3 Owlets in SE WI. 4/27/18, some images...
Hi all,
While out birding this morning along the lakefront in Milwaukee I received
a call from Bruce that he had and was photographing a Great Horned Owl with
3 owlets. Birding was a little slow along the lakefront where I was with
nothing really going on so made the drive to check these cuties out. When I
arrived there were 3 owlets in a row on one limb. The adult female stopped
in a couple times to check on the little ones but did not hang around. I'm
not sure how old these owlets are but I'm sure they will be flying some
soon and spreading out in the tree some too. It was a nice opportunity to
see the first owlets of the spring. A thank you to Bruce for the call this
morning. It was a bright sunny day with little wind but chilly at first.

A few images of the Great Horned Owlets and the adult female at the link
below if you care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/great-horned-owl-with-owlets-in-southeastern-wisconsin-on-april-27-2018/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/great-horned-owl-with-owlets-in-southeastern-wisconsin-on-april-27-2018/>*

Thanks and good birding,