Date: 4/27/18 1:24 pm
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 2 new FOY yard birds
I've been inside my shop working all day, and with the rainy morning I felt like I hadn't missed anything. But about 3 pm I stepped out with my bins for a break, and almost immediately had a flyby Purple Martin, followed by another, at 3:07. Both came from the north and were heading south (maybe they were as mixed up as the weather!). Then, exactly 1 hour later I again stepped out, and again immediately saw a bird flying over, way out in front of me, which turned out to be a female American Kestrel! Yard birds No. 69 & 70. Glad for the martins, as I don't always get them here in spring, usually just in fall migration.
Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD