Date: 4/27/18 1:01 pm
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pondicherry NWR Birds
Kathi and I birded the Pondicherry NWR from Airport Road in Whitefield to Cherry Pond in Jefferson on Friday morning. Cherry Pond is now 70 percent open water. There is still some ice and snow on trails and in shady spots. We saw 31 species including two mature bald eagles, 1 osprey, 22 ring necked ducks and 15 common mergansers. We saw our first of the year tree swallows and a yellow rumped warbler. I posted the complete list on ebird. There were probably more birds but we were working on the trail and making a bit of noise.

The 18th Annual Pondicherry World Migratory Bird Day will be on Saturday 12 May. I will post more details as we get closer.

David Govatski
Jefferson, N. H.