Date: 4/27/18 12:37 pm
From: Paul Griffin <pgriffin1...>
Subject: Red-necked Grebe
Hi Folks,

Third time is a charm, I guess. Well, sort of. This morning, about 10 am, thru noon, I was at the La Farge sandpit and the Red-necked Grebe was still there. Still hundreds of yards away, near the SW corner of the sandpit. Easily seen with binoculars, even with camera with a decent zoom. I was finally able to get a few pictures and some video, I’m somewhat happy with. A least easily able to ID the species. When I left, near noon, the Grebe had moved to the far North end of lake, and was basically out of sight, diving. Having watched this bird for a few days, the Grebe seems to go out of sight for awhile, then you look up and it is back near the Westside of the lake easily seen. Note, it is almost the size of a cormorant, with a similar long neck, and at times is near them when they are around. Good luck.

Paul Griffin, Wichita
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>