Date: 4/27/18 11:46 am
From: Dave Tracy <davidctracy...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS Birding By Ear Tuesday April 24th
Sorry for the late report.  24 of us (a new BBE record!) enjoyed a very nice Tuesday morning for Birding By Ear this week.  There was a lot of activity and vocalizing as the warm weather brought in a new wave of migrants, especially sparrows.  Fortunately Courtney had her trusty birding camera handy to get a pic of the first Ferruginous Hawk we've recorded on a BBE walk.  Disappointing that Belted Kingfisher and American Dipper have not been recorded for more than a month.  They used to be regular on our Tuesday morning walks.  Haven't had a Canyon Wren or Purple Finch for years, both of which were uncommon but detected a few times most years up to about 3-4 years ago.

Sawyer Park, Deschutes, Oregon, US
Apr 24, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:    ECAS Birding By Ear group
41 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose  12
Mallard  25
Common Merganser  12
California Quail  4
Cooper's Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Ferruginous Hawk  1    First record for Birding By Ear group, rarely seen around Sawyer Park.  Courtney got a pic
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  8
Mourning Dove  15
Anna's Hummingbird  2
hummingbird sp.  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  6
Gray Flycatcher  1    First of Season for Birding By Ear group
Dusky Flycatcher  1    First of Season for Birding By Ear group
Steller's Jay  6
California Scrub-Jay  1
American Crow  1
Common Raven  1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  4
Tree Swallow  25
Violet-green Swallow  10
Mountain Chickadee  3
Bushtit  5
Pygmy Nuthatch  15
House Wren  3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  6
Townsend's Solitaire  1
American Robin  12
European Starling  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  8
Chipping Sparrow  1    First of Season for Birding By Ear group, very few records during BBE walks
Dark-eyed Junco  1
White-crowned Sparrow  10
Golden-crowned Sparrow  2
Song Sparrow  5